how to divorce without ruining your relationship
WELCOME TO CATH KARLIN FAMILY LAW
Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I have specialised in Family Law for the past 25 years. During that time, I have been a partner in leading Scottish Family Law teams. Increasingly, I found myself doing more administration and supervision and less of the work that I really enjoy: meeting clients. I decided to set up my own practice so that I can better devote my time to client work and structure my day around meeting your needs. I aim to provide you with “big firm” quality with a personal touch. Over the past 25 years there really is no family law issue that I haven’t encountered . I have also helped to change the landscape of how we go about divorce and separation in Scotland and have pioneered a move a way from the contentious and acrimonious to the respectful and dignified divorce. I firmly believe that with the right support almost everyone can separate and divorce well. I want you to look back and feel a sense of satisfaction that you did all you could to achieve a good divorce. If you choose to work with me, I believe you can.
FIXED PRICE PACKAGES
WHEN YOU NEED ADVICE
I can help to put you on the right course.
Here are some of the questions I am frequently asked...
DIVORCE & SEPARATION
- Can I stay in the house if we separate?
- How will I manage financially?
- What am I entitled to?
- What is a separation agreement?
- Do I need to divorce?
- Will I need to attend court?
- What is Residence?
- What is contact?
- Does my child have a say?
- Do unmarried fathers have rights?
- Do Grandparents have rights?
- What are parental rights and responsibilities?
- Who is a court reporter?
- What is shared care?
- Who draws up a parenting plan?
DIVISION OF ASSETS
- What is matrimonial property?
- Does my spouse have a claim on my business?
- Can I share in my spouse’s pension on divorce?
- What can I do to find out what assets my spouse has?
- Do I need to be divorced before there is a division of assets?
PRENUPTIAL AND COHABITATION AGREEMENTS
- I am marrying for a second time- how do I protect my assets ?
- I want to give my children a deposit for their first home- how do I protect my investment if they separate from their partner?
- What is the difference between a pre nup and a cohabitation agreement?
- I was born in Scotland but have lived abroad with my foreign partner, can we divorce in Scotland?
- How do I get my child into the UK if our surrogate is abroad?
- How do we acquire parental rights?